Friday 13 July 2012

Cavalia Odysseo Will Mesmerize You. My Review

I had a pleasure of attending Cavalia Odysseo show and as a big fan of all kind of cirque performances must admit that this show won my heart. The show was full of surprises such as stage filled with water and horses running through it as if they are in the wild. The acrobats performing an unbelievable stunts without any support. The production that featured the largest stage I have ever seen.




I was mostly impressed with the idea of using horses for a cirque type show. Horses are very clever, but they are very hard to train and like to be moody, especially in presence of other horses. But I guess, that made show even more entertaining. There were occasions where one horse would bite another horse bum. This is their sign of bullying. There were a few other episodes where one horse would chip off from the crown and not follow what others were doing. This was just plain cute. I was very impressed with instances when horses performed routines without riders or any people on the stage. Before I thought this was impossible.

The production itself is worth mentioning. First, the tent is made in such a way that no matter where your seat is, you get unobstructed view of the stage. My tickets were second cheapest and during the show I was wondering why would anyone want better seats? Not only my seat was very close to the stage (about 5th row), but also slightly side view allowed me to see the performance from a slight angle, capturing a lot of interesting details. Second, the size of the stage allowed horses to gallop freely and gain very very high speed for stunts. Also, it was a great idea to make a hill on the stage which allowed to create very interesting horse walks and almost dances in addition to tricks.

I highly recommend this show to anyone who loves nature, cirque and something very unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment